Interview by: John Wisniewski
1) How did your career in music begin, Ken?
I started making 4 track tapes for people and at the same time was learning to play guitar and writing songs, so 2+2= started using my tape machine to record myself.
2) Why did you choose music as your career?
I was too lazy to put the time into being a doctor and after a lot of deliberation, decided music healed and helped people feel so I chose that!
Recording Rumours was an opportunity of a lifetime! As described in my book, Making Rumours, I was immersed in the world of Fleetwood Mac 24/7, in a hands on effort to make a great album. We were all totally surprised at it’s success!
4) Any favorite artist that you really enjoyed working with?
I enjoyed working with my daughter, Colbie Caillat and also Paul McCartney, Jackson Brown, and Joni Mitchell
5) Did you expect Colbie to have a career in music? Did she express an interest in music at an early age?
No we didn’t! We knew she had a great voice early and tried to do what we could for her, like vocal lessons, guitar lessons, some songwriting lessons and she did the rest.
6) What was the experience like, working with Paul McCartney?
It was a great honor, I was pretty nervous, he came up to me and said “hello, I’m Paul McCartney” and I stupidly said ” Yea, I know” :/
7) What was the experience like working with Harry Chapin, in your early days?
Harry was great to work with, a professional with a sense of humor.
8) Are there any bands or music performers that you hope to work with?
I hope to be the guy that breaks the next Taylor Swift, Colbie Caillat or John Meyer