This film was featured in March/April at SXSW and USA Film Festival with special appearance of Dallasite Amy Acker. Paul Salfen asks her about working with Joss Whedon for the Drew Pearson show.A modern version of Shakespeare’s classic comedy adapted and directed by Joss Whedon (Marvel’s upcoming THE AVENGERS, “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”). Filmed in just 12 days entirely on location in exotic Santa Monica, the film features a stellar cast of beloved (or soon to be beloved) actors – some of them veterans of Shakespearean theater, some completely new to the form. But all dedicated to the idea that this story bears retelling, that this dialogue is as fresh and intoxicating as any being written, and that the joy of working on a passion project surrounded by dear friends, admired colleagues and an atmosphere of unabashed rapture far outweighs their hilariously miniature paychecks.
Shot in glorious black and white by Jay Hunter (PAPER HEART, “Dollhouse”), the film stars Amy Acker (CABIN IN THE WOODS, “Alias”) and Alexis Denisof (“How I Met Your Mother”, “Angel”) as Beatrice and Benedick, the world’s least likely lovers headed for their inevitable tumble into love.
The supporting cast includes Nathan Fillion (“Castle”, WAITRESS) as Dogberry, Clark Gregg (AVENGERS, IRON MAN) as Leonato, Fran Kranz (CABIN IN THE WOODS, “Dollhouse”) as Claudio and Reed Diamond (“Franklin & Bash”, MONEYBALL) as Don Pedro.
- Steve ‘Lips’ Kudlow Talks Canadian Metal Band ANVIL Release ‘IMPACT IS IMMINENT
- ESCAPE THE FIELD With Jordan Claire Robbins
- Claire Dunne On Season 1 of AMC’S Thriller Series KIN: Of Blood Bonds And Family
- Pete Agnew of NAZARETH On New Release SURVIVING THE LAW
- Tom Hughes On Role As Eric Black In Supernatural Horror Film SHEPHERD
- Six Sigma Series Author James Rollins on The Coincidental Timing Of His Virus Novel KINGDOM OF BONES “It Wasn’t Purposeful”
- EMERGENCY (Out On Amazon Prime May 27th): Interview with Actors RJ Cyler, Donald Elise Watkins And Sebastian Chacon
- Writer/Director Keoni Waxman On True Life Thriller THE RAVINE