The State Bar of Texas Entertainment and Sports Law Section Council is now soliciting nominations for the recipient of the 2012 Cindi Lazzari Artist Advocate Award. The award is named for the late Cindi Lazzari, a Texas attorney who went far beyond the call of duty in her efforts to protect the rights of artists in the music industry. Each year the Council recognizes an organization or individual working in Texas who has been actively involved in advocating and supporting artist’s rights in the music business. Past recipients of the award include Cindi Lazzari posthumously (2006), Casey Monahan of the Texas Music Office (2007), the SIMS Foundation (2008), Robin Shivers (2009), Nikki Rowling (2010) and Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts (2011).
Nominees need not necessarily be attorneys. Nominations should be sent by e-mail only to LazzariNomination@gmail.com and should include the following information: (1) the nominee’s name; (2) the nominee’s employment (if an individual) and contact information; (3) a brief statement (not to exceed 100 words) as to why the individual believes the nominee should receive the award; and (4) a short bio of, or background information about, the nominee (if available). Nominations will be accepted through January 15, 2013.
CASEY MONAHAN – 2007
SIMS FOUNDATION – 2008
ROBIN SHIVERS – 2009
NIKKI ROWLING – 2010
TEXAS ACCOUNTANTS & LAWYERS FOR THE ARTS – 2011
- Producer And Tribeca Co-Founder Jane Rosenthal Talks Online Viewing With At Home Festival Pass
- Amazon Prime’s Thriller CHLOE: Talking With Series Stars Erin Doherty, Pippa Bennett-Warner, And Brandon Micheal Hall
- Jay Aston Of GENE LOVES JEZEBEL’s US TOUR 2022
- Randy Rhoads: Reflections Of A Guitar Icon: Traciii Guns and Director Andre Relis (Interview)
- Phil Tippett Talks Stop-Motion Film MAD GOD, Opening June 22nd
- San Antonio Actor Antonio Raul Corbo On Voicing Lubicchi For POUPELLE OF CHIMNEY TOWN
- Blumhouse Television & EPIX’s UNHUMAN Interview With Director Marcus Dunstan
- Tribeca Film Festival World Premiere Of FAMILY DINNER: Writer/Director Peter Hengl and actors Nina Katlein and Alexander Sladek (Interview)