Photo: MPL / Mary McCartney
October 14th (15th in the US) will see the release of Paul’s first album of brand
NEW solo material in six years. Today the tracklisting is revealed:
- Save Us (produced by Paul Epworth)
- Alligator (produced by Mark Ronson)
- On My Way to Work (produced by Giles Martin)
- Queenie Eye (produced by Paul Epworth)
- Early Days (produced by Ethan Johns)
- New (produced by Mark Ronson)
- Appreciate (produced by Giles Martin)
- Everybody Out There (produced by Giles Martin)
- Hosanna (produced by Ethan Johns)
- I Can Bet (produced by Giles Martin)
- Looking At Her (produced by Giles Martin)
- Road (produced by Giles Martin)
Executive Producer: Giles Martin Mixed by Mark ‘Spike’ Stent
Total Running Time: 46:11
Talking about the album, Paul said: “It’s funny, when I play people the album they’re surprised it’s me. A lot of the tracks are quite varied and not necessarily in a style you’d recognise as mine. I didn’t want it to all sound the same. I really enjoyed making this album. It’s always great to get a chance to get into the studio with a bunch of new songs and I was lucky to work with some very cool producers. We had a lot of fun.”
Paul worked on the album with producers Paul Epworth, Mark Ronson, Ethan Johns and Giles Martin.
Commenting on the process, Paul said: “The original idea was to go to a couple of producers whose work I loved, to see who I got on with best – but it turned out I got on with all of them! We made something really different with each producer, so I couldn’t choose and ended up working with all four. We just had a good time in different ways.”
The album was recorded at Henson Recording Studios, Los Angeles; Avatar Studios, New York; Abbey Road Studios, London; Air Studios, London; Wolf Tone Studios, London and Hog Hill Mill, East Sussex.
NEW is available from here: http://smarturl.it/PMnewiTunes
More new details to follow in the coming weeks.