1. Snap A Picture Of Yourself While Out With A Mask On Social Distancing,
2. Upload to Social Media and Tag @AMFMMagazine and @TexasMaskueradeParty
3. OR Use Alternative Method Below To Submit Picture
With COVID-19 cases at an all time high in Texas, there has never been a more crucial time to raise awareness of the importance of wearing a protective mask. When Gary P. Nunn, icon of Lone Star music, launched the Texas Maskuerade Party initiative at a press conference on May 20th imploring everyone to stay safe by wearing a mask and socialize responsibly, he had no idea just how crucial this message would continue to be in the weeks ahead. And now acclaimed Western artist, Jack Terry, has shown his support for Nunn’s campaign and captured the moment in his poignant painting, the Texas Maskuerade Party, which aims to raise even more awareness and funds, to continue educating and encouraging Texans to protect each other during this COVID-19 outbreak.
Click on the picture to make it pop out, then look for icon in the upper right corner to make it even bigger. Click icon in the upper right corner again to return to page. Good luck!
The 30 x 36 painting brings together 63 living Texans from music, politics and sports, and a few beloved Texas monuments which can be viewed on The Texas Maskuerade website, along with a key to each Texan featured. According to Nunn, who kicked off the campaign on May 20th, “Jack was able to conceptualize exactly what we are doing with The Texas Maskuerade Party and in such an intuitive way. I’m so proud of Jack,” Nunn continued, “And honored that he painted this unique Western heritage masterpiece that not only captures this moment in time, but is truly a painting worth a thousand words. With this spirit we have a fighting chance to beat this invisible enemy. And all we have to do is cover our faces y’all to keep the business, music and people of this great state alive.”
A winner will be selected at random, there is only one entry per person and there is one grand prize.
- This contest is courtesy of AMFM Magazine and The Texas Maskuerade Party, a non-partisan advocacy group dedicated to educating and encouraging our fellow Texans during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Contest will run from July 24th – August 7th.
- Prize will include a signed 19 x 23 print of the Texas Maskuerade Party by Jack Terry, Gary P. Nunn’s “Friends For Life” CD and a signed copy of Gary P. Nunn’s book “At Home With The Armadillo.”
- Enter by filling out form below.
- On August 7th at 6:00 p.m CST a winner will be selected at random from all entries.
- The winner will be notified by email and phone the night of the drawing.
For more information see The Texas Maskuerade website.