Gimme Shelter is a 2013 independent drama film, based on a true story, about a pregnant teenager who runs away from her abusive mother, and traces her real father. Agnes “Apple” Bailey (Vanessa Hudgens) has grown up with an abusive addict for a mother, June (Rosario Dawson). She decides to run and find her father, Tom Fitzpatrick (Brendan Fraser), discovers he’s now a Wall Street broker with a family. She stays with them for a little while, but is soon forced to leave when she realizes she’s pregnant and Tom doesn’t agree with her choice to keep the baby.
After getting in a car accident and ending up in the hospital, she’s taken under the wing of chaplain Father McCarthy (James Earl Jones). He offers to let Apple live at a shelter for pregnant young women run by a spiritual woman named Kathy (Ann Dowd). Apple gradually begins to bond with the other girls at the shelter, eventually considering them her real family. But June soon finds her again, and she’s determined not to let go of her daughter.
Interview by Paul Salfen – SPECIAL TO THE DREW PEARSON SHOW
- Steve ‘Lips’ Kudlow Talks Canadian Metal Band ANVIL Release ‘IMPACT IS IMMINENT
- ESCAPE THE FIELD With Jordan Claire Robbins
- Claire Dunne On Season 1 of AMC’S Thriller Series KIN: Of Blood Bonds And Family
- Pete Agnew of NAZARETH On New Release SURVIVING THE LAW
- Tom Hughes On Role As Eric Black In Supernatural Horror Film SHEPHERD
- Six Sigma Series Author James Rollins on The Coincidental Timing Of His Virus Novel KINGDOM OF BONES “It Wasn’t Purposeful”
- EMERGENCY (Out On Amazon Prime May 27th): Interview with Actors RJ Cyler, Donald Elise Watkins And Sebastian Chacon
- Writer/Director Keoni Waxman On True Life Thriller THE RAVINE