The New Edition Provides the Authoritative Chronicle of 2021’s Historic Events, From the Trump-Biden Transition to the End of U.S. Presence in Afghanistan–
With 2021 drawing to a close, how will history remember this eventful year? The latest edition of America’s best-selling reference book explores the milestones that made the year 2021 unique and will serve as your number-one source for years to come.
“The World Almanac has been the source for definitive data and answers to questions on any subject since 1868,” said Sarah Janssen, executive editor of The World Almanac. “In a year of major transitions, the new edition of The World Almanac documents the rapidly shifting world to give a source of historic perspective and new understanding to any curious reader.”
Special Feature: 20 Years in Afghanistan: The World Almanac provides history, data, and other context for the end of America’s longest war.
Special Feature: Coronavirus Status Report: A special section provides up-to-the minute information about the world’s largest public health crisis in at least a century. Statistical data and graphics across dozens of subjects show how the pandemic continues to affect the economy, work, family life, education, and culture.
World Almanac Editors’ Picks:
- Memorable Recent Sports Scandals: From a trashcan banging, sign-stealing scandal to the doping of horses and humans, World Almanac editors select some of the sports world’s biggest black marks from the last 20 years.
- The Biden Administration: Complete coverage of the presidential transition in Washington, DC, including cabinet-level leadership and the filling of other key administration roles.
- Other New Highlights: First data available from the 2020 Census, congressional appropriation and redistricting, and much more.
- Favorite returning sections include: Top 10 News Topics; Year in Sports (coverage of the Olympics and ongoing adaptations to the pandemic); Year in Pictures; Offbeat News Stories (World Almanac editors found some of the strangest news stories of the year)
- World Almanac Editors’ Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2021, from news and sports to pop culture.
- The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
BIO: Sarah Janssen is the editor of The World Almanac and Book of Facts and other diverse reference works. She is the coauthor of Under the Covers and Between the Sheets: Facts and Trivia About the World’s Greatest Books. A Midwest native, she currently lives in Brooklyn, New York.